1. Where can respite care take place?
Our respite care service can take place within your own home, assisted living or with a residential care home. Providing the carer has a separate room to sleep in the carer can provide the support at various sites and locations.
2. How long does Respite Care last for?
Respite care provides a temporary break for a specific period. This could be from 3 days per week to 2 weeks or longer depending on the client’s needs. The respite period can be extended to a month or longer if required. Especially, in the event of severe health conditions or to act as a stop gap between hospital discharge and arranging permanent care provisions.
3. How do you pay for the Respite Care?
There are various methods of which you can obtain funding for your care:
- Private funding – This is where you can pay for your care directly through your private funds.
- Local authority funding – Following an assessment the local authority could pay 100% of your care directly to the care provider.
- Direct payments – This is where the local authority will agree to fund the care either fully or partially. To promote the persons independence the funding will be paid directly to the individuals bank account and they can pay their selected care agency directly.
- Equity release – this is where you can take funding from the equity of your home and put this money towards your care. However, this would be more applicable if you require funds to support your long-term care needs.
If you would like to find out more on how to fund your care, please click here. If you would like further support and guidance please do contact our friendly care team on 01223 864 06.
4. The difference types of respite care
Live In Care – This is where carers live within the home 24 hours per day offering support day and night.
Visiting Care – If you need extra support for a few hours a day to cover a planned or unplanned absence. It would be a minimum of 2 hours per day where the carer can provide a range of support at home.
5. How much does respite care cost?
If you need respite care at short notice or as part of your long-term planning, we can provide temporary care for you. We are very transparent with our prices and we are proud to provide you with an upfront quote, without any hidden costs. To help cover the cost of your care it would be worth seeing if you are entitled to carers allowance.
Live In Care – can be arranged for a minimum of 3 days. The price starts from £120.00 per day for a unique package of support with a dedicated Live-In Carer. This price includes having a dedicated Care Manager and 24 hours office support.
If you require longer support, then please do contact us.
6. How much is respite care per hour?
The hourly rate for respite care starts from £19.75 per hour.The hourly rate for respite care starts from £19.75 per hour.
7.Who uses respite Care?
Respite care is designed to meet several people’s needs from young people through to the elderly.
8. How do you arrange respite care?
The process is quite simple, give our team a call, we will arrange for a non-obligatory home visit. This would give you the chance to talk through your package of care. During this time, you can ask questions and we will get an insight to your preference of carer. Our team will help match your preferred carer with our list of both experienced and qualified carers that meets your exacting needs.
We are here to make sure the person you care for has the right support, even if you are not around. As we are regulated by the Care Quality Commissioners , you can rest assured that your loved one is safe and has everything they need. Whether respite care is for the elderly, companionship or condition led care, we can support your every step of the way.
If you think you qualify for respite care, please contact our friendly home care team on 01223 864 066. Our team will be happy to assist you in arranging respite care.